Get ready for a mouthwatering delight with these chewy, buttery butterscotch chocolate chip cookies with a touch of cinnamon! Packed with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and, if you like, some chopped walnuts. What’s the icing on the cake? They’re finished with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. These cookies are seriously irresistible!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two baking trays with parchment paper. Set them aside.
- Begin by melting the butter over low heat. Then, in a large bowl, whisk together the slightly cooled melted butter, dark brown sugar, white sugar, and brown sugar for about a minute until they’re nicely combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and keep on whisking.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt using a spatula. Mix until just combined.
- Now, it’s time to mix in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and, if you like, the chopped pecans.
- Scoop out 6 cookie dough balls onto each tray at a time. Bake them for 12-15 minutes or until the edges have a light golden brown color.
For some extra oomph, top each cookie with more chocolate and pecans, if desired. And here’s the secret weapon: sprinkle a bit of flaky sea salt on each cookie (it’s optional, but highly recommended). Allow the cookies to cool on a rack, and then dive into cookie heaven! 🍪😋👌
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!