Hаlf carrot саkе, half рlаіn сhееѕесаkе, thіѕ hуbrіd dessert іѕ a ѕlісе оf hеаvеn.
Easy Carrot Cake Cheesecake Recipe
Prep Tіmе: 0 hоurѕ 30 mіnѕ
Tоtаl Tіmе: 6 hоurѕ 30 mіnѕ
FOR THE CARROT CAKE
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. canola oil
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. grated carrots (from 1 large)
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans or walnuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″ springform pan.
- Make carrot cake mixture: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, then add eggs and mix until combined. Add carrots, raisins and nuts and mix until combined.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in salt and flour.
- Mix in vanilla and eggs, beating 1 minute between each addition, then add sour cream.
- Assemble cheesecake: Pour 2/3 carrot cake mixture into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula. Top with spoonfuls of 1/3 cheesecake mixture, then pour over remaining carrot cake mixture.
- Top with remaining cheesecake mixture and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake until center is only slightly jiggly, 1 hour.
- Let cool completely, 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge to cool, 4 hours, or up to overnight. Run a knife around inside of springform pan and unmold from pan.
- When ready to serve, make frosting: Beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cheesecake, then garnish with pecans or walnuts and let chill, 10 minutes, before serving.