A rich chocolate cake with a nutty cream cheese frosting.. The cake was moist & delicious! It’s a nice recipe and you will love it! Everyone raved that it was delicious without being too rich or too sweet. It was also very easy to prepare.
I think it really feel better to put the chocolate chips inside the cake. And its not really a cheese cake its just more of a chocolate cake with amazing cream cheese frosting:)
Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- 1 (15.25 ounce) Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temp)
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour the bottom only of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix on low for about 30 seconds, and then on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and egg with hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling by tablespoonfuls over the batter.
- Using a table knife, swirl the cream cheese batter back and forth, then turn the pan and swirl it in the opposite direction. When swirling the cream cheese batter, be sure it goes down into the cake batter, not just on the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the butter, cocoa, milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar until until creamy and well blended.
- Frost the cooled cake.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!