These are delicious and very easy to make.. perfect for Christmas Party! They were the best when they were still warm but still great the next day. I even warmed them up again to get that just out of the oven feel! Wrap up the fun with a chocolate twist on traditional Russian tea cakes. Surprise! There’s chocolate in the center of each cookie.
Christmas Chocolate Snowballs
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 60 Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, cocoa, almonds and extract until soft dough forms.
Shape dough into sixty 3/4-inch balls; wrap each around 1 milk chocolate candy. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
Roll cookies in powered sugar. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Re-roll cookies in powdered sugar. Store tightly covered.
To ensure success of this recipe, use 17.5 oz (1 lb 1.5 oz) size sugar cookie mix.
Store different flavors and varieties of cookies in separate containers.