These Brownie Mix Cookies are chewy, fudgy cookies that are made with a simple brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour! Mix in your favorite chocolate chips or candies and you have a quick dessert ready in minutes.
The other night I had some of my nieces and nephews over for a sleepover and decided that we needed a late night snack.
In an effort to keep things simple, I looked in my pantry and found a box of brownie mix. I was in the mood for cookies (they cook faster than brownies and when you are entertaining hungry kids, time is everything!) and so I did a quick Google search and found that you can make cookies from a BROWNIE MIX! I decided to put it to the test and see how they turned out.
After making a few batches over the weekend (gotta love recipe testing), I feel that this is the recipe to get the fluffiest, chewiest, and fudgiest cookies possible. They are simple and delicious!
Add in whatever mix-ins you want and make these cookies your own. We added M&M’s to this batch.
These cookies are fairly simple to make and are perfect for kids or beginner cooks. Here are a few tips to help you make the best cookies possible:
- Every brownie mix is a different size. I used an 18.4 ounce brownie mix, but some will be more or less. Feel free to add a little more or a little less flour as needed
- In order to get thick, fudgy cookies, you need to keep the balls of cookie dough stacked high (don’t flatten them down). I like to use a cookie scoop to help them have that perfect round shape and to make them all the same size every time
- Be sure not to overbake these cookies! If anything, underbake them just a little bit and then let them cool – they will be so fudgy and good on the inside!
- Feel free to add in your favorite mix-ins: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, any kind of nuts, sprinkles, or even roll the cookie dough in powdered sugar for a crinkle cookie.
Brownie Mіx Cооkіеѕ
10 mіn Prер Tіmе
9 mіn Cооk Tіmе
19 mіn Tоtаl Tіmе
- 1 (18.4 оunсе) brоwnіе mіx
- 1/4 сuр аll-рurроѕе flоur
- 1/4 сuр vеgеtаblе оіl
- 2 еggѕ
- 1 сuр mіx-іnѕ оf сhоісе (ѕuсh аѕ сhосоlаtе сhірѕ оr M&M’ѕ)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper (could also try using non-stick cooking spray).
In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, flour, oil and eggs. Fold in M&M’s.
Using a cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Be sure to not flatten cookie before they bake (keep the dough in nice rounded balls).
Bake for 7-10 minutes (if you like your cookies to be a little more done, let them cook longer. To get the chewy, fudgy cookies, keep the bake time around 7-9 minutes).
Remove pan from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to let them cool completely.