My philosophy recently – quick, easy and with a lot of flavor.
But then again, I don’t allow myself get in culinary rut so I always try to make some spin on everyday dishes. But before that, I want to share the news with you. Today our angel woke up and happily hopped in his mother’s belly and decided to show his dad how to kick. Yes, the day has come for both of us to finally feel the first kicks of our baby. 🙂
There are not many things that I want for my child. Health, good direction, good luck in life, to meet great people, a dish which will make him remember his home where he grew up… I wish to him a Sunday brunch that will follow him through life as best memory, I wish carefree late awakening with loud rattling of plates in the dining room. I wish him to love the smell of coffee in the morning although he doesn’t drink it. I wish him life and wish him laughter… OK, OK… As I promised, I won’t bother you too much with my private life and gestational days and I’ll move on to what y’all naturally expect.
I love sweet treats with cream cheese, and one of the dearest to me is this easy sopapilla cheesecake dessert with crescent rolls, rich with cream cheese. So here’s a recipe for all those who don’t like chocolate ..
- 2 (8оz.) packs of Pіllѕburу сrеѕсеnt rоllѕ
- 2 (8оz.) расkѕ оf cream сhееѕе, room temperature
- 1 сuр ѕugаr
- 1 tеаѕрооn vanilla
- 1/4 сuр butter (melted)
- 1 tаblеѕрооn cinnamon
- 4 tаblеѕрооnѕ sugar
- * hоnеу
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press a can of the crescent rolls to the bottom of the dish, making sure to reach edges and keep together.
- * bake the first layer of crescent roll dough till just done maybe 5-8 minutes. (Optional, that way I make sure it is done. I don’t like raw dough)
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread mixture over crescent rolls.
- Roll the remaining crescent roll over the top and stretch to the edges and seal.
- Brush across the entire top of the crescent roll with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Eat warm (it will be a hot mess!) or let cool and chill for several hours before serving.
- Slice into triangles or squares, drizzle with a little honey if you like and serve.