Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 9 inch pie crust ( you can use my recipe for Homemade All Butter Pie Crust or you can use refrigerated pie crust and cook the pie crust following the directions on the box).
- 4-6 cups fresh strawberries, quartered and hulled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Bake pie crust in 9 inch deep pie dish and set aside to cool
- Put the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk constantly until it become thick. For about 3 minutes
- Then whisk in the Jell-O and cook for a minute longer
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 15min
- As the glaze cools, place strawberries straight into the pie crust
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries
- Refrigerate until set
- You can decorate with whipped cream before serving