If you’re a fan of granola, you’re in for a treat – why not whip up some delicious cookies with it? These granola cookies are not only good for you, but they’re also incredibly tasty and a breeze to make. Just one little warning: they’re so darn addictive, so watch out!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of rolled oats (that’s about 90g)
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of raisins, cranberries, or dark chocolate chips – pick your favorite!
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
Here’s how you make them:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (that’s about 180°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, toss all of those ingredients in and give them a good mix until everything’s cozy together.
- Next, you can shape your cookies. You can use a cookie cutter or a small cake ring for this. Just place the ring on the tray, then spoon in about 2-3 tablespoons of the granola mix. Press it down with the back of a spoon.
- Pop them in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until they’re all golden and lovely. Quick note: keep an eye on them while baking because the time can vary from oven to oven. One more thing to remember – with this method, the cookies might spread out a bit. But don’t worry, if you want to keep them perfectly round, here’s an alternative method:
- Another way to shape the cookies is to spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the granola mix directly onto the baking tray. Then, cover the batter with aluminum muffin cups or any other kitchen tool. This will help them keep their shape while baking. Just like before, bake for 20-25 minutes until they’re golden. In the last 5 minutes, whip off those muffin cups and let them finish baking until they’re just right.
Once they’re done, let your cookies cool off completely. Enjoy!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!