Craving some chocolaty and/or peanutty deliciousness, but so not in the mood to slave over a hot oven? It’s a common conundrum.
The perfect answer ? My No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars!
No-bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and I have a bit of a special relationship. I love how easy they are to make, and how rich the chocolate and peanut flavors can be.
I’m going to be flat out honest here and tell you that I almost licked the saucepan clean as I was waiting for the bars to harden in the refrigerator. There are good no-bake bars, and then there are really amazing no-bake bars that people gush over and remember for months to come. These are most certainly the latter. Take my word on it for now, but one bite and you’ll become a believer.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Overhangs the edges of the foil to lift the bars easier from the baking dish. (You can use a 9×13-inch if you want thinner bars.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in large saucepan over medium heat, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Mix in the oats.
- Cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down. Reserve the other half for second layer.
- To make the filling, melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together in a small microwave-safe bowl and stir until it’s smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, reserving about 1/4 cup for drizzling and spread evenly.
- Pour the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently and drizzle with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars