Recipe Alert: The Baked Apple Cream Cheese Cake is back! 🎉 Who still remembers this recipe and has been missing it too? 😉
By the way, this recipe doesn’t use any gelatin. 😊
For a 9-10 inch pan, here’s what you’ll need:
For the Sponge Cake:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.4 oz cornstarch
- 1 heaping tsp baking powder
For the Filling:
- 21.2 oz apples (e.g., Elstar)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Cream:
- 2.2 lbs quark (40% fat)
- 4.5 oz powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 7 oz heavy cream
- 16 tsp San-apart (a stabilizer)
- Milk for soaking
- Powdered sugar
- Apple chips
- Golden sugar pearls
You’ll also need:
- 1 springform pan (9 or 10 inches)
- 1 tall cake ring
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) in a conventional oven. Line a 9-10 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high for about 5-7 minutes until thick and creamy. Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, and baking powder, sift it in two portions over the egg mixture, and gently fold it in with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake for about 22-25 minutes. Don’t forget the toothpick test!
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven, release it from the pan, and let it cool on a wire rack with the top side down.
- Wash, peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Mix the apple pieces with sugar, lemon juice, vanilla paste, and cinnamon. Cook them in a non-stick pan for about 5 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and let them cool.
- Stir quark, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in San-apart and beat until creamy.
- Whip the cream until stiff and gently fold it into the quark mixture.
- Stir in the cooked apple pieces.
Here’s what comes next:
- Horizontally cut the sponge cake in half. Place the first layer on a cake plate, surround it with a cake ring, and soak it with milk (optional). Spread the Baked Apple Cream Cheese Cake filling on the base. Smooth it out. Place the second layer (soaked if you like) with the bottom side down. Press it down and chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
For decoration, remove the cake from the ring. Dust it with powdered sugar and decorate with apple chips and crispy pearls. Enjoy!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!