Apple crumble cheesecake is an autumn classic that everyone loves here. The base is made from the same dough as the crumble, making this cake quick and easy to prepare. To make the crumble extra crispy, we sprinkle a layer of cinnamon sugar on top.
For the sugar, I use “Südzucker Fine Beet Sugar,” which is the standard for us because my grandma always had larger quantities of Südzucker products in her pantry. As the name suggests, it contains beet sugar from southern Germany. By the way, sugar beets are a completely natural source of sugar; they are naturally sweet and locally sourced.
Here’s the recipe for the apple crumble cheesecake:
For the base and crumble:
- 400 grams of flour
- 300 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of soft butter
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 1 kilogram of low-fat quark (curd cheese)
- 400 grams of sour cream
- 200 milliliters of liquid cream (not whipped)
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding powder
- 450 grams of apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160°C in convection mode (180°C in top/bottom heat).
- Mix and knead the ingredients for the base and crumble. It will result in a very crumbly mixture, of which you fill about 2/3 into a large springform pan (mine was square, about 25 cm by 25 cm, but you can use a slightly larger baking sheet if you prefer, which will make the cake flatter, possibly reducing the baking time by a few minutes).
- Press the crumbs down firmly and somewhat evenly. You don’t need to create a high edge.
- Next, mix the ingredients for the cheese filling and pour it over the base.
- Distribute the apple pieces evenly on top.
- Now, apply the crumble topping by spreading the remaining dough mixture with your hands on the surface.
Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then, let it cool completely and store the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It pairs wonderfully with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!