Apple enchiladas are so easy to make with just a few ingredients. And they are the perfect alternative when you don’t have time to make apple turnovers. My friends say this recipe works great with both canned and fresh apples. “I love how quick and easy these are. The tortillas get nice and crunchy on top. They are great hot out of the oven with ice cream. We even love them the next day,”
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon fruit evenly onto all tortillas and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on a lightly greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Bring white sugar, brown sugar, water, and margarine to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 6 large tortillas; but may be cut in half to serve 12.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!