This is delicious! I have never had such a delicious apple crisp! I will never search for another recipe! I tossed the apples in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, and I added some nutmeg to that mixture. I think that’s what made the apples soooo perfect. Lastly, I doubled the crust recipe and put a layer on top and on the bottom.
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
Gather all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mix white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon together; sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over apples
- Combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add melted butter and mix with a fork until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and apples are bubbling around the edges, about 45 minutes.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!