This cake is incredibly moist and a breeze to make! It’s a quick 30-minute bake and frost before you can dig in. Here’s the full recipe!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Botticelli Baking extra virgin olive oil (you can swap it with vegetable oil or any neutral oil)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Singing Dog Vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup milk
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate bar, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two 9×9 square baking pans with parchment and grease them with baking spray.
- Beat the butter in a bowl for a few minutes until it’s fluffy. Add in the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Combine the dry ingredients into the banana mix and slowly mix while adding the milk. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let the cakes cool for 20 minutes.
- Make the frosting by beating the butter, adding powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk until smooth.
- Take the cakes out of the pan. Frost the top of the first layer and place the second layer on top, then frost the top of that layer.
- Topping: Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds. Pipe it onto the cake, use a spoon to smooth it into the peanut butter frosting. Add chocolate shavings and enjoy!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!