Cinnamon Shortbread Crust:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt Pecan Pie Filling:
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups chopped pecans Optional Topping: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the flour, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until it’s a crumbly texture. Press this mixture evenly into a 9×9 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake the shortbread crust for 15 minutes. Once it’s done, set it aside.
- While the crust is baking, make the pecan pie filling. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan or skillet. Add the brown sugar, honey, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Stir for a couple of minutes over medium heat. Add the chopped pecans and stir for another minute. Pour this pecan pie filling over the baked crust. Pop it back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes to finish it off.
- Take it out, let it cool, and then it’s slicing time! Enjoy every bite!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!