This is an excellent cheesecake. My mother is very picky, and she usually buys those real expensive one’s from Sam’s…but she loved this one. It was easy, and not to mention cheap. Everyone that’s tried it has said it tasted just like the ones in a deli!
Just be really careful to wrap the bottom and sides of your springform pan well with aluminum foil if you use the water bath, which I did and it turned our beautifully. I bake my cheesecake for about 10 or 15 minutes longer than the recipe called for, and I think it turned out with a wonderful texture; nice and firm, but not overcooked at all. My guests couldn’t believe I made it! SINFULLY DELICIOUS
Only one drawback – the crust came out a little too mushy, but that can be fixed by the amount of butter added when mixing the crust.
Chantal’s New York Cheesecake
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h
Ready In 7 h 30 m
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.