If you’re a fan of chocolate, caramel, and brownies, then you’re in for a treat! This Rolo brownie recipe is a must-try. Get ready for soft, fudgy brownies filled with gooey caramel and covered in rich chocolate ganache.
These Rolo-inspired brownies are baked in a cupcake tin, and they’re the perfect combination of chocolate and caramel goodness. I adore these Rolo brownies, and I’m sure your friends and family will too. Keep scrolling to discover how to whip up these delightful brownie treats!
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Brownie Cupcakes:
- 190g of butter
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 170g of all-purpose flour
- 50g of cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 200g of caster sugar
- 60g of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the Caramel Filling:
- 6 tablespoons of thick caramel (you can use pre-made caramel)
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 110ml of double or heavy cream
Time to get baking:
- Begin by melting the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave, heating them in 20-second intervals. Then, set this mixture aside.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric beater or stand mixer until they turn creamy. Now, pour in the melted chocolate and butter mix and stir it together using a spatula until everything is well combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt into the wet ingredients and mix until it’s all combined, using a spatula.
- Pour the brownie mixture into 5-6 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin. Bake them for 25 minutes at 170°C. If the center of the cupcakes seems too fudgy, you can bake them for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the brownie cupcakes have completely cooled, turn them upside down and cut a hole in the top of each.
- Pour in caramel, and then use a piece of the part you cut out to cover the hole.
- For the chocolate ganache, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave (20 seconds at a time), then stir in 110ml of double or heavy cream. Mix everything together with a spatula.
- Using a spatula, spread the chocolate ganache over the brownie cupcakes, smoothing the sides and top to create that iconic Rolo shape.
Get ready to savor these scrumptious Rolo brownies – they’re a real treat for your taste buds!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!