I fall in love with this cake every single time ♥️😍
This cake is so moist and creamy! I often end up with two slices on my plate!
Here’s how it’s done:
For the Crust:
- 125g (1/2 cup) Softened Butter
- 130g (2/3 cup) Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 70g (1/2 cup) Flour
- 120g (1 1/4 cups) Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 150g (5.3 oz) Melted Dark Chocolate
1 Jar of Sour Cherries
For the Cream:
- 250g (1 cup) Mascarpone
- 400g (1 2/3 cups) Quark (or Cream Cheese)
- 100g (1/2 cup) Sugar
- 1 packet of Vanilla Sugar
- 50-70g (1/3 – 1/2 cup) Chocolate Shavings
- 200g (7 oz) Heavy Cream
For the Topping:
- 50-100g (1/3 – 2/3 cup) Chocolate Shavings
- Beat the butter with sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Mix the flour with almonds and baking powder, then add it to the batter.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and mix everything well for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a 26cm (10-inch) round cake pan (I always place parchment paper in the greased pan).
- Drain the cherries and place them on the batter. Press the cherries gently into the batter with a spoon.
- Bake the cake for about 35-40 minutes at 160°C (320°F) convection.
- Mix mascarpone with quark (or cream cheese) and sugar.
- Whip the cream and then fold it into the mixture.
- Finally, add the chocolate shavings.
- Spread the cream on the cooled cake and decorate as you like. For the impatient ones (like me 😊), cut a piece right away. But the cake tastes even better if you let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour. 😅
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!