Today I have the recipe for chocolate cream puff easy with strawberries. Beautifully filled with chocolate, a strawberry and really a lot of cream. These cream puffs I had to bake again after a long time, because I failed the first batch. And why? Because I’m currently so verpeilt that I forgot an important ingredient in the choux pastry. I was annoyed. Mainly because of the waste of food. But well, it happens. So everything again from the beginning. With all the ingredients. And poof, it worked and I could pull delicious cream puffs out of the oven.
Chocolate Cream Puff Recipe Easy
- 125 ml water
- 25 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 70 g flour
- 5 g cocoa
- 15 g cornstarch
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. San-Apart / 1 sachet cream stiffener
- 10 strawberries
- 50 g chocolate coating, whole milk
- For the choux pastry, put water, butter and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, mix the flour, cocoa, cornstarch and baking powder together and then add it all at once to the hot liquid and mix it with a spoon to a smooth dough.
- Burn off the dough by heating the dough for about 1 minute while stirring or turning it back and forth. Then transfer the dough to a bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs into the batter one at a time, slowly, until it is shiny and has peaks that stick to a knife or spoon.
- Place the batter in a piping bag and then pipe onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in the shape of cream puffs. (The cream puffs will rise a lot when baked, remember this when piping).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C top/bottom heat for about 20-25 minutes. After baking, cut off the top directly and then let cool.
- Chop the couverture and melt over a water bath. Spread the melted couverture on the bottom of the cream puff and place a washed, degreened strawberry on top.
- Whip the cream with the sifted powdered sugar and San-apart/ cream stiffener until stiff. Place the stiff cream in a piping bag and carefully pipe onto the strawberries, then place the lid on top.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!