Delicious! Perfect change from making regular pecan sandies. One of the first cookies to go around the holidays. These are cute little round cookies that are white on the outside and chocolate on the inside.
Christmas Chocolate Pecan Sandies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
Cream butter and sugar together until light. Beat in the vanilla. Mix in the flour, pecans and cocoa powder.
Form dough into 1 inch balls and place onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool, then roll each cookie in confectioners’ sugar.