Easy to do looks amazing and tastes just as amazing.. Made this for Christmas. Didn’t have any leftovers. Will definitely make it again. The next time I will use whipping cream.. This dessert is cool, decadent and guaranteed to get chocolate lovers raving. A fudgy brownie layer is topped with a whipped cream cheese layer, crushed Oreo™ cookies, chocolate pudding and more whipped topping — it’ll be your new potluck go-to in no time.
Delicious Oreo Brownie Lush
- 1 box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box for cakelike brownies
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies (about 16 cookies)
- 2 boxes (4-serving size each) Jell-O™ chocolate-flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies (about 4 cookies)
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
Make brownie batter as directed on box for cakelike brownies. Spread in pan. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently. Beat in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over brownie. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups finely crushed cookies over cream cheese mixture.
In medium bowl, beat dry pudding mixes and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Spread over cookie layer. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls over pudding layer; spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
When ready to serve, sprinkle 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cookies on top. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pieces.
• What is a lush? A lush is a party-perfect “no-bake” dessert, which is also known as a dessert lasagna, layered dessert or ice-box cake. It’s defined by decadent layers of varying flavors and textures – think sugar cookies, banana pudding and cool whip. Usually, a lush is made up of a brownie or crushed cookie base topped by various layers of flavored cream cheese, cool whip, pudding or all of the above! With their fluffy creamy tops dotted with garnishes – anything from cookies to candy to fruit to chocolate sauce – lushes look as good as they taste!
• What’s in this lush? This lush has a fudgy brownie base topped with whipped cream cheese, crushed Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding, more whipped topping and a garnish of more Oreos. In other words, it’s a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
• This sounds like a lot of work. There are three to four bowls needed in order to make the dessert, so there are some dishes, but the payoff is a delicious dessert that is perfect for potlucks.
• Here are our best tips for mastering this lush.
• While a metal 13×9 pan will certainly do, we recommend making this in a glass pan, because it shows the pretty layers.
• Soften the cream cheese before mixing, so it blends well, and there are no lumps. To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper and place on microwavable plate. Microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
• For the crushed Oreo layer, you can use a food processor to crush the cookies into a fine crumb. If you don’t own a food processor, place cookies in a zip-top plastic bag and using a rolling pin, meat mallet or the back of a small pan to crush cookies. You want a fine crumb, so the base holds together.
• When spreading the layers of filling, its best to drop dollops and then spread over the surface using the back of a spoon or a flat metal spatula.
• The coarsely crushed cookies used as a garnish can simply be crushed by hand or roughly chopped.
• Don’t skimp on the four hours of refrigeration time needed. Lushes cut the best when super cold.
• Can I make this ahead? Yes, this dessert can be made the day before. Add your coarsely crushed Oreo garnish right before serving for the best taste – they add a little crunch – and the prettiest presentation.
• How long will a lush keep? This recipe makes 24 servings. If you have any leftovers, cover your pan with foil and store in the fridge for up a few days.