- For the Dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 packet baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- For the Royal Icing Decoration:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- A splash of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (356°F conventional).
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth and even dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out moose shapes or any other forms you like. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool, then decorate with the royal icing.
- To make the royal icing, mix the egg white with the lemon juice and beat until stiff. While mixing, gradually add the powdered sugar until you get a white, creamy consistency. The egg white should become quite firm, forming little peaks when you lift the mixer out.
- Fill the royal icing into a piping bag with a small round tip and use it to decorate the moose cookies.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!