Pink swirls with vanilla pudding filling. Made with all-natural color from beets (and you won’t even taste it, promise!). Kids absolutely love these vanilla swirls!
- Yeast Dough:
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 7 tablespoons lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cube of yeast
- 3.5 ounces beetroot puree (equivalent to about 2 cooked beets, pureed)
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups milk
- 2 packets of cook-and-serve vanilla pudding powder
- 4 heaped tablespoons sugar
- For the yeast dough, mix the melted butter with lukewarm milk and sugar. Crumble in the yeast and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Then knead the yeasty milk with the other ingredients into a smooth dough. The dough shouldn’t stick; if it does, knead in a bit more flour.
- Let the covered dough rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (356°F conventional).
- Mix 6 tablespoons of milk with the vanilla pudding powder and sugar to remove any lumps. Heat the remaining milk and stir in the prepared pudding powder. Let it simmer briefly, then remove it from the heat.
- Immediately cover the pudding with plastic wrap to cool (the wrap should touch the surface directly to avoid forming a skin).
- After the dough has risen, roll it into a large rectangle. Smooth out the pudding, then re-roll the dough and cut it into 9 thick slices. Place the slices in a large greased baking pan (cut side up) and bake for about 30 minutes.
- You can also make a sugar glaze, color it with food coloring, and spread it on the warm rolls if you like.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!