This recipe for Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake is a great way to kick off your morning. It’s so easy to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes. We have found that we love it best straight from the oven. But you can always heat any leftovers in the microwave.
We love a change up for breakfast, and this cinnamon streusel coffee cake will not disappoint. It’s so easy to make, and your house will smell so good.
We use Bisquick mix for this coffee cake. Bisquick is not just flour, it also contains oil and baking soda which will help it rise.
IS COFFEE CAKE ALWAYS DRY?
Coffee cake is often called crumb cake. Not because it may be dry, but because of the crumbly streusel topping.
Coffee cakes are drier than a dessert cake. Coffee cakes have milk, buttermilk, or sour cream as the moistening ingredient. And you can increase those amounts slightly to add a little moisture.
Coffee cakes aren’t always dry. If the coffee cake is extremely dry, it could be the result of many things. Cooking your coffee cake too long is the most common problem. Also, not enough oil or fats in your recipe – like butter or oil. Bisquick does have some oil in it, but you can always add just a small amount if your coffee cake is dry.
DOES COFFEE CAKE HAVE COFFEE IN IT?
I loved watching Alvin and the Chipmunks when I was little and I remember in one episode that Theodore was on a game show and the winning questions was if there was coffee in coffee cake. That was the first time I had heard of coffee cake and then I felt so smart that I knew there wasn’t coffee in coffee cake! Ha Ha!
Coffee cake got it’s name because it is a cake topped with a streusel topping and usually served with a cup of coffee or tea at breakfast.
Some recipes could have a little coffee in it, but it’s name comes from the fact that it is served with coffee.
ADD INS FOR COFFEE CAKE
There are so many options as far adding extra ingredients to your coffee cake. Here are some of our favorites:
Fruit – Canned fruit or pie filling makes for a delicious coffee cake.
Nuts – Nuts go perfectly in a coffee cake adding the perfect taste and crunch.
Chocolate – We often like a sweet coffee cake. Adding a handful of chocolate chips is delicious.
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
10 min Prер Time
20 mіn Cооk Tіmе
30 mіn Tоtаl Tіmе
- 2/3 сuр Orіgіnаl Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup расkеd brоwn ѕugаr
- 1 teaspoon сіnnаmоn
- 3 Tаblеѕрооnѕ cold buttеr
- 2 cups Orіgіnаl Bіѕԛuісk mіx
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vеgеtаblе оіl
- 2 Tаblеѕрооnѕ ѕugаr
- 2 tеаѕрооnѕ vаnіllа
- 1 еgg
- Hеаt оvеn to 375 degrees.
- Sрrау thе bоttоm of a 9-inch rоund cake раn with cooking non ѕtісk cooking ѕрrау.
- In mеdіum bowl, stir the Bisquick mіx, brоwn ѕugаr, аnd cinnamon.
- Cut іn butter, using раѕtrу blеndеr оr fоrk untіl сrumblу; ѕеt аѕіdе.
- In a lаrgе bоwl ѕtіr саkе іngrеdіеntѕ until blеndеd.
- Spread аbоut 1 cup оf thе bаttеr in раn.
- Sprinkle wіth аbоut 3/4 сuр of thе ѕtrеuѕеl.
- Drop rеmаіnіng bаttеr оvеr top оf ѕtrеuѕеl bу tеаѕрооnѕ. Sрrеаd carefully over streusel. (It helps tо wеt уоur fіngеrtірѕ with water fоr ѕрrеаdіng)
- Dоn’t spread thе bаttеr аll the way tо thе edge bесаuѕе you want thе cinnamon ѕugаr оn the еdgеѕ.
- Sрrіnklе rеmаіnіng streusel over tор аnd ѕрrеаd аѕ even аѕ уоu can.
- Bаkе 18-20 minutes оr untіl gоldеn brown.
- Lеt ѕtаnd fоr a few mіnutеѕ before ѕеrvіng.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!