This crème brûlée cream cake is guaranteed to succeed you. The filling of sour cream and cream is classically caramelized with sugar, as in dessert. A cheesecake dream!
Crème brûlée Cream Cake
FOR THE SHORTCRUST:
- 250 g Wheat flour
- 125 g Powdered sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1 TSP. vanilla sugar
- 1 Egg (size M)
- some butter and flour for the dough
FOR THE CREAM FILLING
- 3 eggs (size M)
- 125 g sugar
- 1 pck. Vanilla sugar
- 600 g Sour cream
- 600 g cream
- 70 g Starch
- 2 TBSP. sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- For the shortcrust pastry, mix flour with sifted powdered sugar in a bowl, cut the butter into small pieces and add. Knead everything into a crumbly mass, finally add the egg and knead everything into a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Grease a springform pan (Ø 26 cm) with a little butter, dust with flour. Roll out the shortcrust pastry into a large circle about 5 mm thick and place in the springform pan. Press a 5 cm edge to the side, cut straight if necessary. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees top/bottom heat (convection oven: 140 degrees).
- For the cream filling, beat the eggs with sugar in a bowl until frothy. Stir in sour cream and cream. Finally, stir the starch into the mixture. Pour the liquid mixture onto the shortcrust pastry base and bake the crème brûlée cream cake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let the cake cool on a rack, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Sprinkle the surface of the cream cake with cinnamon and sugar, and caramelize the sugar with a flame maker. The cake can be served immediately.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!