If you love French Toast, this Delicious Apple Pie French Toast Roll Ups will become your favorite breakfast recipe! These Apple Pie French Toast Roll-Ups are simply wonderful for apple season. Super easy and absolutely delicious with a sweet stove-cooked apple cinnamon filling rolled in toast and cooked until golden brown, then rolled into cinnamon sugar mixture. They taste like apple pie!
This is such a great way of having apples for breakfast or anytime when you want to treat yourself and your loved ones. They will be absolute hit with everyone!
What Kind Of Apples To Use
You can use any kind of apples. Except for apple pie filling these Roll-Ups can also be made with
another fruit if you prefer or even jam.
Make sure to flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin.
Don’t skip the cream cheese, it gives nice flavor, but also helps that rolls get to be sealed well and don’t open up while frying.
You can use any kind of apples.
Use a small amount of butter for frying.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
To make these Roll-Ups you can use gluten-free bread as well.
You can use a regular white sugar, if you prefer.
You can also make these with various fruits and fillings depending on your taste.
Apple Pie French Toast Roll Ups
- 10-12 toast bread slices
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter for cooking, more if necessary
- Homemade Apple Filling Option
2 Tablespoons butter
3-4 medium apples peeled cored and diced in to 1/4-inch cubes
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
Canned apple filling Option:
- 1 can apple pie filling
- In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, spices, brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons water. Cook over medium-high heat, for 4-6 minutes or until apples very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are tender, and filling is thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
- Remove the bread crust, and flatten the slices with a rolling pin. Spread cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread.
- Add about 1-2 teaspoons of the apple filling along one edge of the bread, the roll them up.
- Gently but tightly roll up the bread around the apple filling. Continue with the remaining bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter. Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down. Cook 3-4 roll at a time.
- When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned nicely. Clean the pan slightly with a paper towel and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
- Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture. Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!