Today, I’ll share my top way to cook ribs on the grill, and it’s a bit different from the slow and smoky barbecue ribs you might be used to. You see, those barbecue ribs are cooked slowly in a smoker and served just as they are, with barbecue sauce on the side. But what I’m making here is a bit special. These ribs are cooked first, then sliced, and finally, each rib gets a delicious coating of our sticky sauce right on the grill.
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- For the Glaze:
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Gather all the ingredients and preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Mix salt, sugar, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder for dry rub together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Line a large sheet pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place rack of ribs on the prepared pan, bone side down. Poke all over with a sharp knife. Make shallow slits across at an angle, and then repeat the opposite way; this allows the dry rub to penetrate. Transfer to the center of the preheated oven and bake for 2 hours. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold and firm, at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Coat on both sides with rub; flip back over, ensuring the bone side is down. Wrap tightly with foil.
- Preheat a charcoal grill until coals are very ashy and hot.
- Remove from the refrigerator, unwrap, and brush off excess fat. Slice between the bones to separate each rib.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and cayenne with a spoon in a bowl for glaze.
- Place ribs on the preheated grill and cook for 2 minutes; flip and brush over glaze. Flip and repeat process until ribs are as caramelized as you prefer, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove to a plate and brush over one more application of glaze.
- Serve and enjoy.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!