Delicious. This cake recipes has a great sweet taste. It’s great by itself or with fruit (strawberries blueberries) – doesn’t need icing. Also We call this “Fortune Cookie Cake” because everyone who tastes it says it tastes like a fortune cookie! I was intimidated at first by heating the sugar and water – but it wasn’t a big deal and was a really easy cake to make. My daughter’s frineds ate the entire cake in 15 minutes and I made a second that same day for my family. It is nice that it doesn’t use as many eggs as most angel cake recipes and has an incredible texture and crust. I would definitely make this again.
Delicious Yellow Angel Food Cake
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 6 large eggs eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Whip the egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, and continue beating until stiff. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until lemon coloured.
- Boil the sugar and water until it reaches the thread stage, 230 – 234 degrees F (110 – 112 degrees C). Beat syrup into egg whites. Fold in egg yolks. Fold in flour. Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!