This easy fresh strawberry pie with Homemade All Butter Crust is bursting with fresh strawberries. It’s a perfect spring treat!
This pie is easiest thing in the world to make. As a child, I had a strawberry patch in the backyard, and smaller, crazy-delicious wild strawberries bunches near old wooden wall. My mother would send me to the back yard with a measuring bowl and tell me to fill it up to the line. I would pick the few biggest berries from the patch and then fill the rest of the bowl with reddest tiny wild berries. Let me just say THAT FRESH strawberries are soooooooo much tastier than supermarket and frozen strawberries. They are naturally sweet and just melt in your mouth. Back in the kitchen, she would slice the berries, make glaze with some sugar and cornstarch to thicken it and fill a crust made from lard (it could even smell a little pork-ish, honestly).
So, today, I’m sharing with you my ALL-TIME favorite strawberry recipe, with few changes. The BEST thing about this recipe, besides the fact that it will knock the socks off of your taste buds, is that it’s only five ingredients, ok six if you count water.
It’s EASY. Easy like sunday morning. EASY, EASY, EASY. But, it also means that the strawberries get to take center stage – where they belong.
So, let’s make fresh strawberry pie, shall we?
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
Printable recipe page >> Click here
- 9 inch pie crust ( you can use my recipe for Homemade All Butter Pie Crust or you can use refrigerated pie crust and cook the pie crust following the directions on the box).
- 4-6 cups fresh strawberries, quartered and hulled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Bake pie crust in 9 inch deep pie dish and set aside to cool
- Put the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk constantly until it become thick. For about 3 minutes
- Then whisk in the Jell-O and cook for a minute longer
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 15min
- As the glaze cools, place strawberries straight into the pie crust
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries
- Refrigerate until set
- You can decorate with whipped cream before serving
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!