New York Cheesecake? Good. Cookies? Good. New York Cheesecake cookies? Amazing.
They’re in my top ten favorite cookies because of their uniqueness and their great flavor. It is a fairly simple recipe, each cookie is like a little bite of cheesecake with perfect amount of sweetness, but made without the hassle of a springform pan or water bath in the oven. Well, I’m really out of words to describe the cookies more, so I’ll just let pictures do the talking.
Easy Nеw Yоrk Chееѕесаkе Cооkіеѕ
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the Cookies :
1. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer until creamy.
3. Beat in egg white. Add dry ingredients a little at a time, blending until just combined.
For the filling:
4. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and white sugar until creamy. Add egg yolk, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
5. Scoop two tablespoons of the graham cracker cookie dough into your hand and shape into a ball.