This Strawberry Pretzel Dessert just begging you to make it for your next summer picnic or bbq to serve.
Strawberry season is in full swing!!!! Ok maybe I’m almost a little bit late since it is already mid-May but either way now is the time to take advantage of all those fresh, juicy, sweet strawberries that are on sale.
The other day I picked up a big container full of strawberries, three pounds to be exact ! At bargain price – how could I resist.
“Was it a need”?…..and just as important….Will i (ever) use them entirely ? – quite a gamble.
Immediately I started thinking about ways to use them. We ate our fair share of fresh strawberries, made a quick strawberry muffins, froze some for smoothies and now it’s fresh strawberry pretzel dessert time!!
My favorite summer flavor combination has to be strawberries and pretzels. There’s something so special about this sweet and salty dessert, one layer looks and sounds better than the next. Sweet and salty pretzel layer, cream cheese, fresh strawberries and Strawberry JELL-O will satisfy all your cravings for sweets.
So, if you are big into sweet and salty desserts, you will not be able to stop eating this Strawberry Pretzel Dessert, because there’s “that” moment of silence where you put your spoon in and the world just stops because what you’re putting in your mouth is so amazing.
Sweet and Salty Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese,softened
- 8 ounce whipped topping
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 ounce strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 10 ounce fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the pretzels, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until pretzel layer is lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping, and mix well to combine.
- Spread evenly over the cooled pretzel layer.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the strawberry gelatin mixture and boiling water.
- Mix in strawberries and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the cooled cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.