Nothing says summer like a gooey and delicious S’more. Now you can enjoy the delicious taste of a S’more all year round. And the best part, no smell of campfire smoke. These S’mores Bars are so easy to make. Just a few ingredients and you have an amazing dessert everyone will love.
My dear, sweet husband is always wanting to go camping. Don’t get me wrong, I love a little over-nighter in a tent but that is about as wild as it got for us growing up in a family of all girls.
He was quite sad when I broke the news to him that my very pregnant body, at the time, just couldn’t handle sleeping on the ground and dealing with a toddler in a tent.
While he was at work, my little buddy and I decided to set up an indoor campsite to surprise dad when he got home. He may not have been as excited as he would have been if we had really camped, but these s’mores bars sure eased his pain.
I enjoyed one too many of these yummy treats, slept in my own bed and listened to my boys laugh out in the living room. That is my kind of camping!
We may never go back to S’mores over the campfire; unless of course we are camping. These S’mores bars are ready in no time, and maybe even yummier!
If you are lucky enough to have any S’mores Bars left over, they will stay fresh for a few days in an airtight container.
We have made them ahead of time and stuck them in the freezer. So they freeze really well. Be sure you use a freezer bag or air tight freezer container to preserve freshness.
Gооеу аnd Dеlісіоuѕ S’mоrеѕ Bars
10 mіn Prер Tіmе
35 mіn Cооk Tіmе
45 mіn Tоtаl Tіmе
- 1/2 сuр buttеr (ѕоftеnеd tо rооm tеmр)
- 1/4 сuр brown ѕugаr
- 1/2 сuр ѕugаr
- 1 еgg
- 1 tеаѕрооn vаnіllа
- 1 1/3 сuрѕ flоur
- 3/4 сuр grаhаm сrасkеr сrumbѕ
- 1 tеаѕрооn bаkіng роwdеr
- 1/4 tеаѕрооn ѕаlt
- 3 (2.6 оunсе) kіng-ѕіzеd Hershey mіlk сhосоlаtе bаrѕ
- 1 (7 оunсе) соntаіnеr mаrѕhmаllоw сrеmе
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. We found it works best to use our fingers.
- Place chocolate bars over dough (3 king-sized Hershey bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate if necessary to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick).
- Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate layer.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small, flat shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a light golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!