My new favorite dessert that feeds a crowd and will keep them pleased. This Turtle Texas Sheet Cake is perfect for all chocolate and caramel lovers. It is so simple and so delicious.
I am a huge Texas Sheet Cake fan. It is the perfect combination of a brownie and cake, but has the most amazing flavor and texture to it.
It is honestly my favorite dessert.
The frosting it what really gets me. I usually like my frosting a little on the thick side, but this is the perfect thin layer that is so yummy, and adds just the perfect amount of sauciness to the cake.
I decided to put a little twist on the original Texas Sheet Cake recipe, and add a little more Turtle to it.
There is literal caramel bits in the batter, and you can’t go wrong with that. This Texas Sheet Cake has been taken to a whole different level, and I think you are going to be pleased with it.
All the flavor is there, with a few additions and a little crunch of pecans.
It definitely feeds a crowd so it’s perfect for barbecues, potlucks, family get togethers, family reunions, or just yourself (no judgement here).
This recipe is so easy to make, and so delicious. It’s also perfect for serving a crowd. We are making this for both Memorial Day and Fathers Day because it is such a hit at every party and event we bring it to.
These do freeze quite well. Although we recommend eating it the same day or within 24 hours of making them, you can freeze them and thaw them, and they will still taste amazing.
To freeze them, we recommend wrapping them in foil, or saran wrap, then placing them in an airtight container.
To thaw, place them in the fridge 48 hours before serving, or on your counter 24 hours beforehand.
We don’t recommend microwaving, because the frosting will melt, and seep into the brownies, and they may taste a little more dry.
Turtle Texas Sheet Cake
15 mіn Prep Tіmе
20 mіn Cооk Time
35 mіn Tоtаl Tіmе
- 2 cups flоur
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 сuр buttеr
- 1/2 cup ѕhоrtеnіng
- 1 cup wаtеr
- 1/4 сuр сосоа
- 1/2 сuр buttеrmіlk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tеаѕрооn bаkіng ѕоdа
- 1 tеаѕрооn vanilla
- 1 (11 оunсе) bаg саrаmеl bіtѕ (divided)
- 1/2 сuр buttеr
- 2 Tаblеѕрооnѕ сосоа
- 1/4 сuр mіlk
- 3 1/2 сuрѕ роwdеrеd ѕugаr
- 1 tеаѕрооn vаnіllа
- 1 сuр mіlk сhосоlаtе сhірѕ
- 2/3 сuр ресаnѕ (сhорреd)
- 1/3 сuр саrаmеl ісе сrеаm ѕаuсе
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the sugar.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, shortening, water, and cocoa. Stir and heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar in the bowl.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix well using a wooden spoon or high speed on an electric mixer.
- Add in about 1 1/2 cups of the caramel bits, stir until well combined, in the batter.
- Pour into a well greased and floured cookie sheet (17 1/2 x 11 inch) pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until brownies test done in center.
- While brownies bake, prepare the frosting. In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa, and milk. Heat to boiling and stirring constantly.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until frosting is smooth (you may have to whisk it).
- Pour warm frosting over brownies as soon as you take them out of the oven.
- While the frosting is still hot, sprinkle on the rest of the caramel bits (about 1/2 cup), the chocolate chips, pecans, and a drizzle of caramel ice cream sauce.
- Let cool and cut into 40 bars.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!