Only 6 ingredients needed to make these Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. They come together in a matter of minutes and you can feel good about feeding them to your family because of the healthy ingredients that are used to make them.
I am always looking for healthier dessert choices for my family and this is one that everyone loved!
These Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are similar to a granola bar, but they are made with just a handful of ingredients that you can pronounce – no hidden sugars or corn syrups or weird chemical ingredients.
To be honest, they are kind of like a chewy granola bar topped with thin layer of dark chocolate. They are so simple to make and are perfect for an after-school snack, dessert, or even as a quick source of energy before one of your kids’ soccer games (or track, dance, basketball, baseball, golf, gymnastics . . . all the places parents are running their kids these days!).
Healthier Chеwу Pеаnut Buttеr Oаtmеаl Bаrѕ
15 mіn Prер Tіmе
30 mіn Cооk Tіmе
45 min Tоtаl Time
- 1 сuр ԛuісk оаtѕ
- 1 сuр unѕwееtеnеd ѕhrеddеd сосоnut
- 1/2 сuр сruѕhеd рrеtzеlѕ
- Dash оf ѕаlt
- 1/2 сuр honey
- 1/2 cup nаturаl реаnut buttеr
- 1/2 сuр ѕugаr-frее сhосоlаtе сhірѕ (mеltеd)
- 1 Tаblеѕрооn сосоnut оіl (mеltеd)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, crushed pretzels and salt.
- In another bowl, combine honey and peanut butter (if you find it hard to mix them together, feel free to warm them in the microwave for 10-12 seconds) and pour over dry ingredients. Gently mix together until completely combined.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Pour mixture into pan and press firmly with a piece of folded over parchment paper to avoid sticking to your hands (or spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray and push mixture into place).
- Place pan in freezer for about 30 minutes or until bars are firm.
- Mix melted chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Remove bars from the freezer. Spread melted chocolate over the bars and cut into 12 pieces.