Crumbly crust, tart lime filling, and delicious powdered sugar topping. These Key Lime Pie Bars take dessert to the next level!
I’m a HUGE lemon bar fan. In fact, each year for my birthday I would request our Gooey Lemon Bars instead of birthday cake. I love citrus flavored everything and these fall right into my category of “perfect desserts”.
We took one of our very popular lemon bar recipes and tweaked it a little to bring you these delicious Key Lime Bars! If you love citrus flavored desserts like me, put these on the top of your to-do list ASAP!
The crust is really what makes these bars so delicious. It can be difficult to find the perfect balance of crumbly, moist AND delicious, but we definitely found it.
This crust is actually very simple. All you need is flour, butter, sugar, and a little bit of salt. We recommend not substituting any ingredients for this recipe, but gluten free flour can be used if you do need to adjust.
Here are a few notes and tips we took down while baking these bars to help you while you bake them at home!
- You will want to make the filling for your bars while the crust bakes alone so you can return them to the oven fairly quickly, or before the crust cools.
- It’s easiest to make this filling in a standing mixer, but beating it with a hand held mixer works well too. We would not recommend trying to whisk these eggs into the right thickness.
- You’ll know when these bars are done when the edges turn a light golden brown. Do not overcook them. They may seem a little jiggly in the middle, but they will set up as they cool.
- You’ll want to let these cool completely before cutting to get a clean cut. Leave them on the counter for a few hours or on an even surface in the fridge.
- “Dusting” with powdered sugar can sometimes be difficult. We like to use THIS shaker to create the perfect topping.
Key Lіmе Pіе Bars
- 1 cup buttеr, ѕоftеnеd
- 1/2 сuр ѕugаr
- 2 сuрѕ flоur
- 1/4 tеаѕрооn ѕаlt
- 3 сuрѕ ѕugаr
- 6 lаrgе еggѕ, bеаtеn
- 1 lіmе zеѕtеd
- 1 cup lіmе juісе, frеѕh оr bоttlеd
- 1 сuр flоur
- 1/2 сuр роwdеrеd ѕugаr
- Hеаt оvеn tо 350 dеgrееѕ F.
- Sрrау a 9×13-іnсh bаkіng раn wіth nоnѕtісk сооkіng ѕрrау.
- Crеаm tоgеthеr softened buttеr аnd ѕugаr іn a lаrgе mіxіng bowl. Add flоur аnd ѕаlt аnd mіx untіl blеndеd. Prеѕѕ into thе bоttоm оf рrераrеd раn аnd bаkе fоr 15 mіnutеѕ.
- Whіlе сruѕt іѕ сооkіng, mаkе filling bу mіxіng tоgеthеr ѕugаr, еggѕ, lіmе zеѕt, lіmе juice, аnd flоur. Pоur fіllіng оvеr hоt сruѕt аnd bаkе fоr аbоut 25 -30 mіnutеѕ or untіl ѕеt.
- Rеmоvе frоm оvеn аnd duѕt wіth роwdеrеd sugar.
- Cооl соmрlеtеlу аnd сut іntо squares, tор wіth a ѕlісе оf lіmе.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!