Lemon Cheesecake with Cherry 😍😊
Here’s a scrumptious cake you can whip up for your loved one on Valentine’s Day 😍. You can even make it in a heart-shaped baking pan if you’d like!
It’s as easy as pie (or, in this case, cheesecake):
For the Crust:
- 7 oz (200g) cookies
- 1.8 oz (50g) butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 21.2 oz (600g) cream cheese
- 8.8 oz (250g) low-fat quark (similar to Greek yogurt)
- 5.6 oz (160g) sugar
- Juice and zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 4 eggs
For the Topping:
- 1 can of cherries (about 12.3 oz or 350g when drained)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the crust, put the cookies in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a double boiler and mix it with the cookie crumbs.
- Grease a round cake pan with a 9.5-inch diameter and place a piece of parchment paper in it. Pour the crust into the pan and press it down with a glass.
- Pre-bake the crust at 340°F (170°C) in a conventional oven for 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake filling, simply mix all the ingredients together. Pour this mixture onto the pre-baked crust and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes at 340°F (170°C) in a conventional oven. Placing a tray of water at the bottom of the oven will prevent the cheesecake from cracking. Once baked, let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- While the cake is cooling, drain the cherries, reserving the juice (about 10.1 fl oz or 300ml).
- Bring 8.5 fl oz (250ml) of the cherry juice to a boil. Mix the remaining juice with cornstarch and sugar, then add it to the boiling juice. Add the cherries and let them simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Let this mixture cool and then pour it over the cooled cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake for 2 more hours in the refrigerator.
Now, go ahead and enjoy your delightful treat 😍😊!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!