Tart, fluffy lemon cake donuts, baked to perfection and dipped in sweet blueberry frosting. These make the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch.
I love all. things. lemon. Lemon bars, lemon chicken, lemon rice, and Pound Cake.
I took our lemon pound cake and modified it to make it into these delicious cakey donuts! They are fluffy, tart, moist, and taste absolutely fantastic. I covered them in a blueberry frosting and they were a HUGE hit with my whole family.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box lemon саkе mіx
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box lеmоn instant рuddіng
- 1 сuр grееk vanilla уоgurt (оr plain)
- 1/3 cup vegetable оіl
- 4 еggѕ
- 1/2 cup wаtеr
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lеmоn juісе
- 1 сuр bluеbеrrіеѕ
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tеаѕрооn lеmоn juісе
- 2 tablespoons buttеr (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl with hand mixer (or in a stand mixer), mix together cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, water, eggs, oil, and lemon juice for 1-2 minutes, or until completely combined.
- Pipe (or carefully spoon) mixture into greased donut pans, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops of the donuts are light golden brown.
- Allow donuts to cool, then dip in frosting and serve.
- Place the blueberries, powdered sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the softened butter. Mix with a hand mixer until completely combined. Add more powdered sugar as needed to reach your desired frosting consistency (I added about another 1/2 cup).
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!