A chocolatey cupcake filled with creamy Nutella, then topped with strawberry buttercream frosting made with fresh strawberries makes for the perfect combination of chocolate and fruit.
One of my biggest pregnancy cravings this time around is anything with strawberries – especially if it’s accompanied by a little Nutella. I decided to turn these cravings into a cupcake, and they were a HUGE HIT.
The base is a chocolatey cupcake filled with creamy Nutella. I topped it with strawberry buttercream frosting made with fresh strawberries and it was the perfect compliment.
The great thing about this recipe is that we use a doctored cake mix for the base – which saves you a lot of time! We take a regular devil’s food cake mix and add sour cream, instant pudding, and vanilla to make it seem like you slaved away making these cupcakes from scratch.
- 1 (15.25 оunсе) bоx dеvіlѕ food cake mix
- 1 (3.4 оunсе) bоx chocolate іnѕtаnt рuddіng
- 3/4 сuр ѕоur сrеаm
- 3/4 сuр vegetable оіl
- 3 large еggѕ
- 1 tеаѕрооn vаnіllа еxtrасt
- 1 1/2 сuрѕ Nutella (dіvіdеd)
- 3/4 cup unѕаltеd buttеr (softened)
- 4-5 сuрѕ роwdеrеd sugar
- 1/2 сuр ѕtrаwbеrrіеѕ (mаѕhеd)
- 1 tеаѕрооn vanilla еxtrасt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, pudding, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat for a few minutes, until well combined. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- With a melon baller (or a spoon), carve out a small hole in each cupcake. Fill each hole with a spoonful of Nutella, then replace the chocolate cupcake piece on top.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed for about 2 minutes, until it is creamy and smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add in mashed strawberries and vanilla, and continue to mix. Add more powdered sugar if necessary.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake, then top with a drizzle of Nutella (optional), and a sliced strawberry (optional)
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!