Lemon Sweet Rolls🍋 Soaking up the last bits of summer with these! Perfect for a weekend baking project and they turn out so light and fluffy. Here’s the full recipe.
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of a whole lemon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of a whole lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes until the yeast becomes foamy.
- Add eggs, butter, extract, and lemon zest. Using a whisk attachment, gently combine them. Don’t overmix.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt using the dough hook attachment. Mix until the dough comes together and pulls away from the bowl. It might be a bit sticky. If needed, add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Form the dough into a ball, place it in a lightly greased bowl, and cover it with a towel. Let it sit for 2-2.5 hours until it doubles in size.
- While the dough rises, prepare your softened butter, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface. Roll it out into a rectangle. Spread softened butter over the dough, leaving a border around the edge. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon zest. Roll the dough into a log and cut into rolls.
- Put the rolls in a greased 9×13 baking dish and let them rise for another 1.5 hours. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. They’re very soft on their own, but you can add heavy cream (though we didn’t).
- While the rolls are in the oven, mix the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice for the glaze. After the rolls cool for 10 minutes, drizzle the glaze on top. Best served warm!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!