This Chocolate Eclair Cake is wonderful. It really is quick and delicious. I cut the recipe in half and make it in a 9 inch square pan as I thought the full recipe would be too much for four of us. As it turned out, I wish I had made the larger size as it went fast. What makes it even more wonderful is, it’s easy to prepare and it’s very inexpensive to make. Great dessert. Everyone will love it. easy, tasty and a real crowd pleaser!
One way to avoid having to refridgerate it over night is to lay each side of the graham cracker squares in milk for a few seconds until slightly soft, right before laying them on the cake. This keeps them moist and it’s ready to serve right then. If making for lunch or dinner, make cake the night before. I haven’t tried it yet but was thinking that this might be good with a chocolate pudding/cool whip mixture for the filling with vanilla icing as the topping.
No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package graham cracker squares
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting
- Stir pudding mix, whipped topping, and milk together in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Top with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Spread the frosting over the whole cake up to the edges of the pan. Cover, and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Can you tell me why when I make this eclair cake
It doesn’t want to stay together, it seams kinda runny even setting in the frigidaire over night.
It may be that your not supposed to mix everything like the directions says… you make the pudding with the milk and once it’s firm you then fold in the whipped cream… I have made this several times and this way works the best and also when making the pudding I would recommend to use whole milk!! Good luck!! Enjoy