Top this moist cake with a dollop of good peach preserves and some whipped cream for dessert, or spread it with cream cheese for a breakfast worth waking up for.
Sliced, toasted, and smeared with butter or cream cheese, this molasses cake makes a delicious breakfast. Topped with powdered sugar, whipped cream, or even a scoop of ice cream this molasses pound cake is an equally amazing dessert worthy of any holiday gathering. It is two great recipes in one leaving you extra time to enjoy the time with family and friends.
This is a simple recipe, with not a ton of ingredients, but making it can seem like it has a lot of steps. But it really doesn’t. Once you make it, you will see how easy it was to make.
Sweet Molasses Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter (cold and diced into small chunks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a bread pan with non stick cooking spray. Line the sprayed bread pan with parchment or baking wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, until fully incorporated.
- In a smaller saucepan combine the brown sugar and milk, over medium heat. Mix until the brown sugar has dissolved into the milk and the temperature is warm.
- In a separate sauce pan, add the molasses and corn syrup over medium heat. Mix and combine until fully incorporated and warm to the touch.
- Remove both the pans from the stove, and let cool.
- With the dry ingredients bowl, add the butter pieces and mix with an electric mixer, until the flour appears crumbly, and the butter is fully mixed.
- Add the brown sugar and milk combination to the dry ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Then add the molasses and corn syrup mixture, until fully combined.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for an hour.
- Lift the sides of the parchment paper, and remove the pound cake from the pan.
- Frost, or garnish with powdered sugar, candy canes, sprinkles, or even plain is delicious.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!