Looking to add some festive flair to your autumn or Halloween gathering? Look no further! These cute and scrumptious buns shaped like mini pumpkins are the answer. They’re soft, fluffy, and filled with creamy Nutella. The best part? They’re a breeze to make and decorating them is loads of fun. I used chocolate fingers for the stems. Let me walk you through how to whip up your very own pumpkin-shaped buns at home.
Pumpkin Shaped Buns:
- 7.8 fluid ounces (about 230ml) whole milk
- 1 packet (7g) dry activated yeast
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.8 ounces (about 50g) salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 13.4 ounces (about 380g) plain flour or bread flour
Topping & Filling:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- Chocolate fingers (for the stems)
- Begin by warming the milk in a measuring jug in the microwave for about 60 seconds. Once it’s warm but not too hot to touch comfortably, add the yeast and sugar. Give it a good stir, then let it sit for 5-6 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl or a stand mixer, combine the flour, egg, butter, and salt. Pour in half of the wet ingredients and mix for 1 minute. Then, add the rest and mix for 4-5 minutes in the stand mixer or knead it by hand on a floured counter. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Lightly grease a bowl, place the dough inside, and cover it with cling film. Let it sit for 1 hour until it doubles in size.
- After the dough has risen, punch the air out of it and place it on the counter. Cut the dough into as many portions as you like. I made 12 buns with my dough. Keep the dough portions covered with cling film until you’re ready to use them.
- To shape the pumpkin rolls, cut four pieces of string and lightly coat them with oil. Roll the dough into balls, then place a piece of string underneath each one. Tie the string in the center on top of the balls, not too tight, and then flip them over and place them on a lined baking tray. Make sure to evenly wrap the string around the balls to achieve a uniform pumpkin shape.
- Allow the pumpkin buns to rise for 10 minutes before baking in the oven.
- Give the buns an egg wash and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 338°F (170°C). Be careful not to let them get too brown or burn.
- Once they’ve cooled, brush them with melted butter and sprinkle with caster sugar, or leave them plain.
Use a piping bag to pipe Nutella into the center of each bun and top them with a small piece of a chocolate finger to create the pumpkin stem. Enjoy your delightful pumpkin buns! 🎃😋
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!