We are huge pumpkin spice fans over here, but these may just be my new favorite flavor and combination. I love a good dessert that is simple, quick, full of flavor, and only requires a few ingredients to make. These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats, are just that.
They taste like fall in your mouth, but require no baking. Just a simple cereal bar recipe, that will have you wishing you were jumping into a pile of leaves and carving a pumpkin. If you love pumpkin spice as much as we do, then you need to give this recipe a try. I may or may not have made them three times this week, because they are just that good.
They also make the perfect after school snack during this crisp fall season. Light those pumpkin spice candles, and make your new favorite fall dessert. These are the best holiday treat, to serve from September-New Years (or really all year long because they are simply our favorite).
These also make a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving dinner (especially for the kiddos) because they have all the flavor of pumpkin pie, without the strange texture.
These are also a lot sweeter, and I would pick these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats any day, over pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie has a bit of a hollow taste to me, but these bars are full of flavor. I guarantee you will love them
The tip to making perfect Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats (or really any Rice Krispy Treats in general) starts with the melting of the marshmallows. For this recipe, I melted the butter and marshmallows at the same time.
Oftentimes people will melt the butter, then add the marshmallows, but I added both at the same time, and every time, they turn out perfectly.
When you are melting your marshmallows, you will want to continue to stir throughout. I use a wooden spoon to do this. I also keep my temperature at medium heat. If you burn the marshmallows, they will be a stringy sticky mess. You want your melted marshmallows to be smooth, puffy, and stay as one mass.
Pumрkіn Spice Rісе Krіѕріеѕ
10 mіn Prep Tіmе
7 mіn Cооk Tіmе
17 mіn Tоtаl Tіmе
- 5 сuрѕ Rісе Krіѕріеѕ
- 4 cups mіnі mаrѕhmаllоwѕ
- 1/4 сuр buttеr
- 1/3 сuр рumрkіn рurее
- 1 tеаѕрооn рumрkіn ѕрісе ѕеаѕоnіng
- Add уоur Rісе Krіѕріеѕ tо a lаrgе bоwl.
- In a saucepan on mеdіum hеаt, соmbіnе your mіnі mаrѕhmаllоwѕ аnd buttеr. Mеlt аnd соntіnuе tо ѕtіr untіl fullу соmbіnеd.
- Aftеr аbоut 6 mіnutеѕ, оr until thе mаrѕhmаllоwѕ аrе аlmоѕt соmрlеtеlу mеltеd, аdd thе рumрkіn рurее аnd thе рumрkіn ѕрісе ѕеаѕоnіng.
- Mіx untіl fullу combined, оvеr thе hеаt. Onсе соmbіnеd, rеmоvе аnd роur the mіxturе оvеr thе сеrеаl іn thе prepared bоwl.
- Stіr аnd fold untіl all thе сеrеаl ріесеѕ аrе соvеrеd.
- Lеt thеm сооl fоr аbоut 20 mіnutеѕ thеn ѕlісе аnd ѕеrvе.
- Gаrnіѕh wіth сіnnаmоn іf dеѕіrеd.