This juicy apple sheet cake is the best recipe I know. It is prepared in just 15 minutes with a few ingredients from the pantry. Instead of cinnamon, this simple sheet cake is baked with vanilla and tastes indescribably good. It’s visually reminiscent of butter cake and is topped with almonds and powdered sugar. It doesn’t get any juicier than this and this apple pie really makes you happy – it’s true soul food.
This juicy apple sheet cake is absolutely perfect, because it is prepared in just a few minutes.
You need only a few ingredients: instead of cinnamon, the sheet cake is prepared with vanilla and tastes just indescribably good. It reminds visually of butter cake, is topped with almonds and powdered sugar and makes absolutely happy.
Super Juicy Apple Sheet Cake
- 5 pieces of apples
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 180 g sugar - of course you can use less
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste optional
- 100 g butter liquid and slightly cooled down
- 150 g spelt flour
- 2 tsp tartar baking powder
- 100 ml milk
- some butter and flour to grease the pan, alternatively baking paper
- sliced almonds
- some powdered sugar for dusting
- Grease your mold and dust it with a little flour or line the mold or tray with baking paper. I used a rectangular form with the dimensions 20 x 34cm.
- Peel the apples, cut them into quarters and remove the core. Cut the apples into very thin slices or use a slicer, this is much faster (but watch your fingers). Squeeze the juice from the lemon and pour it directly over the apple pieces so that they don't turn brown.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and let it cool slightly.
- Put eggs, vanilla sugar and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix everything with a hand mixer until creamy, until the sugar has dissolved and no longer crunches.
- Now add the butter, flour, baking powder and milk and stir in the ingredients as briefly as necessary. Now fold in the apple slices and pour the batter into the prepared pan/sheet.
- If you like, you can add almonds to the cake and bake it at 180°C convection oven for about 45 minutes. The apple cake should be nice and golden brown. If it gets too dark, cover it with some aluminum foil or something similar.
- Dust the apple pie with powdered sugar before serving. It tastes especially good warm, but is also an absolute delight cold. You can serve it with whipped cream - but it tastes delicious without it.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!