Vegan Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes with vegetable oil and vegetable milk are super fluffy. The simple chocolate sponge is topped with a vegan cream cheese topping. You’ve got to try this recipe!
Vegan Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes - Easy & Delicious
Vegan Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes with vegetable oil and vegetable milk are super fluffy.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 12 double cookies oreo (1 pkg. à 154 g, keep 2 cookies for decoration)
- 150 g flour (spelt flour type 630 or wheat flour type 405)
- 25 g baking cocoa
- 60 g sugar (e.g. coconut blossom sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 ml neutral vegetable oil (e.g. rapeseed oil)
- 100 ml vegetable milk (e.g. hazelnut or oat drink)
- 75 ml coffee (alt. vegetable drink)
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 200 g vegan butter (warm)
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 150 g vegan cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ground vanilla or vanilla extract
- 9 double cookies oreo (½ pkg., à 154 g + 2 cookies of the dough)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat (convection oven: 160 degrees). Line a muffin tray (12 wells) with muffin cups. Place one cookie in each muffin tin.
- For the batter, mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add oil, vegetable milk, and coffee and mix briskly until a smooth batter forms. Stir only until everything is well combined and no dry ingredients are visible.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cookies in the cups so that the cups are about two-thirds full. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, for the topping, place the soft vegan butter in a mixing bowl and whisk with the whisks of a hand mixer for a few minutes until creamy and lighter in color. Sift in the powdered sugar and beat it in. Mix everything well.
- Add the room-warm vegan cream cheese by the spoonful and gently stir in, now stop stirring vigorously. Season the frosting with lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into a piping bag with a star nozzle and refrigerate until the muffins have cooled.
- Cut 6 cookies in half with a sharp knife. This works especially well if the cookies have been in the refrigerator beforehand. Finely chop the remaining 3 cookies. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled muffins. Stick half a cookie into each frosting and decorate with the cookie crumbs. Store the vegan Oreo cupcakes covered in the refrigerator, they will keep for at least 3 days. Place the decorations on top as fresh as possible so the cookies don't get soggy.
If you don't like coffee, you can also simply make the batter with 175 ml of vegetable drink. Also delicious: Instead of the classic oat drink, you can also use hazelnut drink or chocolate drink.
thnx for sharing..