Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or simply a delicious birthday cupcake, this Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for all occasions.
Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Whether it's Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or simply a delicious birthday cupcake, this Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for all occasions.
Total Time45 mins
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 75 g soft butter
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg white (size L)
- 120 ml buttermilk
- 180 g flour
- 3 TSP. baking powder
- 1 TSP. Cocoa powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Red food coloring (preferably gel or powder food coloring)
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 200 g white chocolate
- 300 g cream cheese
- 75 g soft butter
- For the muffins, cream butter with sugar and vanilla extract for several minutes. Stir in egg whites and buttermilk. Mix flour with baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and add to the batter. If desired, add red food coloring and mix everything well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat (convection oven: 160 degrees). Line the troughs of a muffin tray (12 troughs) with muffin cups. Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Let muffins cool completely after baking.
- For the frosting, coarsely chop white chocolate and melt in a water bath. Let the chocolate cool until it is only slightly lukewarm (approx. 10-15 min.). Keep stirring so that it does not become too solid. Let cream cheese and butter come to room temperature, beat butter for about 4 min. until creamy and lighter in color. Then add cream cheese and mix well. Stir in cooled but still liquid chocolate.
- Pour frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle attachment and pipe a dollop of cream onto each muffin. For decoration, either crumble a muffin and decorate the remaining cupcakes with it or decorate the cupcakes with red sugar decorations.