This chocolate brownie cheesecake is simply heavenly. It’s hands down one of my all-time favorite desserts, and let me tell you why. The cheesecake layer is luxuriously rich and creamy, and the best part? It’s a no-bake wonder. Paired with the indulgent, chocolatey brownie, it’s a match made in dessert heaven. But here’s the kicker – it looks so fancy that your friends will think you’re a baking pro, yet it’s our little secret just how quick and easy it is to make!
Here’s the lowdown on what you need:
For the Brownie Base:
- 7 ounces (about 14 tablespoons) of butter
- 7 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 2 1/2 ounces of soft light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 12 1/3 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 5 1/2 ounces of mascarpone
- 6 ounces of icing sugar
- 2 1/4 ounces of cocoa
- 2/3 cup of double cream
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 2 4/5 ounces of dark chocolate (aim for less than 60% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup of double or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup (or syrup of your choice)
Now, let’s bake and create:
Starting with the Chocolate Brownie:
- Begin with the brownie layer by melting the dark chocolate and butter together (in 20-second bursts) in the microwave. Set this heavenly mixture aside to cool.
- Combine the vanilla extract, eggs, and sugars, and then pour in that luscious melted dark chocolate and butter.
- Measure out the flour and cocoa powder and add them to the wet ingredients. Mix everything together until it’s perfectly combined.
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie mix into an 8-inch springform cake tin, and the rest into a smaller 5-inch cake tin (or any small-sized baking tin of your choice).
- Bake these brownie wonders in the oven at 170°C for 25-30 minutes. The small brownie can be removed from the oven after 15 minutes.
Now for the Chocolate Cheesecake:
- To create the chocolate cheesecake layer, mix the cream cheese, mascarpone, and vanilla extract in a bowl until it’s perfectly combined.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder together, then add them to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until it starts to thicken (but don’t overdo it), and gently stir it into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula. Don’t overmix here either. Pour this glorious mixture on top of the cooled brownie layer and let it refrigerate overnight.
Now, the Chocolate Ganache:
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Heat the cream in the microwave for a minute, then pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 2-5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- Pour in the golden syrup (or your syrup of choice) and mix it all together until it’s wonderfully smooth.
- Once it’s cooled a bit, pour it into the center of the cheesecake. Use the back of a spoon to nudge the ganache over the edges, letting it drizzle down the sides of the cheesecake.
- Cut the small brownie into small, delicious cubes and place them around the edge on top of the cheesecake. Drizzle it with melted chocolate and get ready to serve. Just a note: Don’t leave this cheesecake out of the fridge too long, or it’ll become very soft.
There you have it – dessert magic! Enjoy your sweet creation.
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!