Indulge in the dreamy delight of this Chocolate Mousse Cake – seriously, it’s what sweet dreams are made of! 😍 The taste is out-of-this-world, all creamy goodness with a hint of healthiness, making it a piece of cake (pun intended) to whip up. 🙌🏼
- Bottom Layer:
- 10g dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup (50g) almonds
- 1/2 cup (45g) oat flour (or plain flour)
- 1/5 cup (20g) vegan protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (35g) any oil or butter
- Mousse Layer:
- 4.2 oz (120g) cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups (400g) thick Skyr (German Magerquark!)
- 1/2 cup (low fat) cream
- 1/4-1/3 cup (50-70g) sweetener of choice (Use as much as you prefer; I used maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup (70g) nut butter of choice
- 0.9 oz (25g) dark chocolate (Optional)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup (35g) vanilla custard powder
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- A handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1.4 oz (40g) dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80g) low-fat cream
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Line a round baking pan (Ø 18 cm) with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the base and mix until it resembles a sticky crumble. Transfer to the pan and press down evenly.
- For the chocolate mousse, combine cream cheese, Skyr, cream, sweetener, nut butter, chocolate, and eggs. Dissolve cocoa powder in 3-5 tbsp of hot water, let it cool, then add vanilla custard powder. Stir until smooth and add to the main mix.
- Transfer to the baking pan, place raspberries in between, and bake for about 40 minutes until the top gets darker but is still slightly wobbly. Let it cool completely (1-2 hours in the fridge).
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate in a water bath and add the cream. Pour it on the cooled cake and place it in the fridge for another 30 minutes. Enjoy the deliciousness! 😁
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!