This cake is wonderful. Cool and refreshing like the orange cream frozen treat. Great for picnics, travels well. A true taste of summer but perfect for year around. My whole family loved it. Very light and moist. Not too sweet but just right. Can be adapted to many different flavors. Will be making this all summer long. It was gone in one day!
Cool and Refreshing Orange Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for a 9×13 inch pan. Poke holes in cake while still hot with the round handle of a wooden spoon.
In a medium bowl, make gelatin with only 1 cup of boiling water. Pour liquid gelatin over cake while hot. Cool cake completely.
In a medium bowl, make vanilla instant pudding with only 1 cup of milk. Stir in vanilla and orange extract. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over cake. Refrigerate cake for 1 hour before serving.