Fresh orange dessert with whipped cream. Instead of orange juice, you can use any orange soda, such as Fanta. My guests were delighted.
Creamy Orange Dessert with Whipped Cream
For the dough:
- 4 Eggs
- 8 TABLESPOONS hot water
- 200 g Sugar
- 200 g flour
For the orange layer:
- 1 l Fanta or orange juice
- 6 TABLESPOONS sugar
- 3 pck. Vanilla-flavored pudding powder
- 750 ml milk
- 6 TABLESPOONS flour
- 2 TABLESPOONS cornstarch
- 200 g Sugar
- 125 g Butter
- 2 pck. Whipped cream
- Separate the eggs. Beat egg yolks and sugar until foamy and gradually add hot water. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold the beaten egg whites into the egg mixture. Finally, add the flour. Place the dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for approx. 20 minutes.
- Pour the orange juice or Fanta (800 ml) into a saucepan, add the sugar and bring to the boil while stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Mix the pudding powder in the remaining 200 ml of orange juice and add it to the pot. Cook until it thickens. Spread the still hot pudding on the pastry base and let everything cool down.
- In 150 ml of milk, whisk the sugar and cornstarch until smooth (without lumps).
- Heat the remaining milk. Stir in the milk with the sugar, flour and starch and bring to the boil. Then remove from heat and let cool. Cream the butter and stir in the cooled pudding by the spoonful. Spread the cream on the cooled orange layer until smooth.
- Decorate with whipped cream and place in the refrigerator. Enjoy your meal!
Welcome to Mariasskitchen.com! I’m Maria Tarrant, the proud owner and passionate curator of this website. As an avid lover of all things dessert, baking, and traveling, I’ve combined my passions to create a platform where I can share my culinary adventures and inspirations with you. From decadent cakes to scrumptious cookies, this website is a haven for dessert enthusiasts looking to explore the sweet side of life.
Join me on this delectable journey as I whip up mouthwatering recipes, offer baking tips and tricks, and take you along on my exciting travel escapades, discovering flavors from around the world. MariasSkitchen.com is a place where I pour my heart and soul into each post, hoping to ignite your own culinary passions and create unforgettable memories. So, grab a spoon, pack your bags, and let’s embark on this extraordinary adventure together!